Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Solid Subframe Collars Installed!

Had a bit of spare time today so I put in my subframe collars. Took about an hour to do taking my time. Pretty easy install!

If your going to do this install, a breaker bar will be your friend!

First Impressions of the collars are all good! The only downside is the noise. The noise inside the cabin is definitely noticeably louder. The diff engagement, creaks and turns are made louder as well as a bit more road vibration. My exhaust also seems to sound louder inside the car.

I took my car for a bit of a spirited drive and the rear end definitely feels alot more solid and firm! Going around corners it seemed to stick really well and feel a bit more responsive to steering. I'm actually surprised at how much of a difference such a simple mod can make!

I'll have more info on them later as I get more used to them and have had a chance to take them for a proper drive and used them for a while!

Also, my under carriage needs a good wash! Haha



Mounts off and stock bush





Collars sitting in waiting for mounts to go back on and tightened





Mounts back on and collars installed!


No comments:

Post a Comment