Monday, December 13, 2010

New Exhaust

The exhaust that was on my car was a peice of shit to say the least. It was a 2.25" press bent system that had 2 hot dog type resonators and a end muffler from a VN or VP Commodore! It had a bit of volume to it and sounded ok down low but terrible up high! Not to mention that the flow of it would have been pretty crap.

I purchased my own mufflers and had a local exhaust shop make up the piping and put the mufflers on. I got my work done by Pat at Don and Pat's Muffler Center at home here in Wagga Wagga. End result was really great. The whole exhaust system is tucked up really well and the welds look great. Would definitely go there again or recommend him to others. Great quality of work

I decided to go for a 2.5" Mandrel bent system to support the mod's I'll be doing to my car in the near future. I opted for a simple setup; a magnaflow mid muffler and a "DTM Style" rear muffler. Have always loved the look of twin pipes out of an S13 so I went for that style.

The Magnaflow I chose was a 11216. 2.5" inlet and a 2.5" outlet. Opens at the middle on both sides and is straight through. The quality of this muffler was awesome and with the Aussie dollar being so good against US it was at an awesome price shipped from the states.

The end muffler was also straight through, then just splits into 2 at the end for the twin pipes. This means that the whole exhaust system is a muffled straight through system. No baffles. No restriction. Should make for great flow.

I first was worried about the whole system being stupidly loud because of the good flow on it but was hopefull after reading alot about how well Magnaflow mufflers both flow and muffle sound. Hearing the exhaust now it isn't too much louder than the original one that was on there. It's definitely fine to drive each day, not crazy loud like some! If anyone is looking at a new exhaust, go Magnaflow! I'll be buying all my mufflers from them from now on! Plus you can save yourself a bit of money by buying your own mufflers than having an exhaust shop supply them!




No comments:

Post a Comment